Prescott United Methodist Church, 505 W. Gurley St., is offering a program that consists of ten one-hour sessions of ukulele instruction designed for 4th – 6th grade students!
For questions or further information, contact (PUG member) Regina Younger: 928-443-5252
Sessions will be taught by two volunteer Ukulele teachers who have many combined years of playing the ukulele and have worked with young children in the past. All adult volunteers have gone through Prescott UMC’s ‘Safe Sanctuary’ (Child Protection) training and have had a background check done through the church service provider.
The Church supplies everything needed for the program to the kids. The ukuleles are $150 Gretsch (by Fender) instruments that POPS Music graciously helps us provide to the kids. After completing the 10 week program and performing at their Graduation, the ukuleles will be given to the students along with a tuner, a binder with the songs they’ve learned, and their chord chart.
- Students will attend all 10 sessions and perform at the Graduation
- Students will be punctual for all sessions
- Students will follow the direction of teachers and volunteers at all times
- Students will be respectful of teachers, volunteers and other students
- Parent(s) will arrange for student to be picked up after each session by 4:00pm
Sessions will be held on the following dates at Prescott United Methodist Church – 505 W Gurley St:
- Wednesday January 24th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday January 31st 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday February 7th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday February 14th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday February 21st 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday February 28th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday March 7th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday March 14th Spring Break – No Session
- Wednesday March 21st 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday March 28th 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday April 4th 3:00-4:00