Housed in Prescott College, comMUSIKey is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to building community through people playing music together. ComMUSIKey is predicated on the belief that all human beings are innately and uniquely musical. Music heals people and communities. Music bonds people together. Here are some of the ways we perform this magic.
- We provide workshops in schools, churches, farmers markets, in our own studio and wherever people gather to foster the interconnectedness that music provides.
- We direct performance groups that include theater, music, and movement that are open to everyone with no auditions.
- We offer music as a healing modality for the body, mind, and spirit.
- We offer a physical space to create, perform, teach and record music.
- We tune pianos and appraise, free-of-charge, any piano considered for purchase. We believe that a tuned piano is a played piano.
- We teach music through private and group lessons.
- We make musical instruments available to all who want to discover their own personal music.
If you have an old ukulele, percussion instrument or anything else you’d like to donate, please contact Jonathan Best at jb@comMUSIKey.org